The video above is so cute and what a good kitty Momma she is to calm her kitten when having a bad dream. I have gone to Lukas when he was dreaming, and calmed Megan when she has woke up from a dream. I think it's instinct to want your children content and happy. Heck I have even got up to calm my dogs if they are dreaming.
Lukas talks in his sleep. He talks about all sorts of things. He sometimes is arguing with me, a friend, or someone over a toy or something he wants. He will laugh and have fun in his dreams or he cries and sometimes stuff scares him. One night he had a dream of "the horse in the window" which I guess scared him. He said it was looking in his window, but he didn't want to ride him. I just hugged him and said he didn't have to, and he accepted my response and went back to bed. That easy.
The other night Megan woke up with a scream/cry. It was only 1 scream cry, but before I knew it I was up and in her room. I scooped her out of her crib grabbed her blankie and cuddled and rocked her for a minute. She calmed down and I felt her little grip on me loosen. I put her back in her crib and all was well in the world. She happily snoozed until it was time to get up.
I think the scariest thing may possibly come when they are older, because right now their bad dreams are something that comes when they sleep. It's easy to console them and hug/kiss away the bad dream. Well when they get older and are living their life sometimes they will have to live through nightmares and bad dreams. Life isn't always roses and blue skies. Usually after something bad everything always gets better, but life is a hard reality that can't be kissed and hugged away so easily. All you can do is hope they have way more good days than bad and to know that you are still there to give them a hug/kiss to help them!

No comments:
Post a Comment