Lukas's Preschool had a field trip to our local fire station. The funny thing was they had 3 calls that day between the morning class, and the afternoon class. The teacher said in all the 25 years they have been doing this field trip this has never happened. So I guess we are special. I took some time off to go with Lukas on his field trip and he had alot of fun.
They showed the kids all the gear. Put everything on and gave the kids a high five! They wanted to make sure the kids knew that if there ever was a fire and they saw a person coming in this uniform that it is a nice guy and it means he is trying to help you.
They got to walk through a fire truck and see where the fire fighters sit to go to a fire. All the kids were excited to get into the truck.
We got to go and tour the big fire truck outside. With the big ladder and sirens and all. Kids thought that was pretty cool.
Right after I took the picture above the fire fighters got another call and they were off. Just like that.
I learned a couple things that day. First I learned that our little town's fire station is busier than I thought they were and second I learned that Lukas doesn't like being caught off guard. When they got called and they left he was pissed. He threw a huge fit at me and was very mad his field trip was called short.
No comments:
Post a Comment