Friday, July 19, 2013

Painting Megan's "NEW" Bed


About a month ago I found this toddler bed at a garage sale for 5 bucks.  It did look a little beat up and I thought to myself...I could make this look cute with some spray paint and cute bedding for Megan!  So I snatched it up and my Mom and I got it loaded into her car.  Came home and put it in the basement for now.  Well almost 2 week ago Megan turned two and I decided it was time to get the bed ready, however we had no free time until middle of July.  So when it rained this last Saturday I jumped at the unexpected time at home!

We picked up the Dora bedding I had ordered and bought the spray paint.  That Saturday afternoon I started painting it.  This was what it looked like after the 1st coat of spray paint.


After another coat and half, and 2 days later...here is the bed all set up and ready to go!  Purple and Dora go together like peanut butter and jelly!

 
So Monday night was her first night sleeping in her big girl bed.  We gave hugs, got her blankie, and read stories.  After I put her to bed I gave her a hug and kiss and told her "I love you pumpkin!"  She giggled and said "buv you!"  That was the last I heard from her all night.  She slept great all night.  Hopefully that continues...I was very worried about switching her to a big girl bed and that she wasn't ready.  Guess I was wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment