Last Friday was our Homecoming week and our hometown school colors are red and white. Lukas and all the kindergarten critters were invited to march (as they are every year) in the homecoming parade.
I finally got to meet some of Lukas's friends from his class at school! Tyler and Issac are red frogs with Lukas at the Kindergarten school. They all had on their critter shirts and had their "class" flags! They were so cute marching in the parade!
After the parade Lukas and I went and picked up some pizza and went home to eat with Daddy and Megan. Megan hung out with my Mom that night and Lukas, Daddy, and I went to the homecoming game!
We had a good time at the game and Lukas did a great job sitting with us and even paid attention in the beginning. He was happy that we were cheering on the "red guys" because that is his favorite color! The game brought back lots of memories of cheering there and just enjoying the fun atmosphere! I must say I miss high school sometimes, but only briefly!
After we got home Lukas and Megan got in their pajamas and I gave them both snacks. Megan at all of hers.
However...Lukas didn't make it. Between going to school all day, walking in a parade, and going to the football game Lukas was tuckered out!
After Megan was done with her snack she asked to rock with Daddy instead of read stories. This made my husband pretty happy! She is more of a Mommy's girl, but not that night. She wanted her Daddy!
After the kids went to bed my husband and I were sitting and talking. While it's too soon to know if our children will be into sports...we talked about the possibility of Lukas maybe playing football, baseball, or soccer someday. Maybe even Megan doing cheerleadering or dance the same stuff I was into. I will encourage her to try sports though if she thinks they might be fun to try! If you ask me now I wish I would have had the guts to try sports back then. I enjoy some of them so much now I almost wondered why I never tried them when I was younger. However, your interests change from time to time too! You just never know! I just want them to know that they should try anything once, and if they like to maybe even twice or more!
No comments:
Post a Comment