Friday, April 19, 2013

Then and Now...Megan Pie


When I first had my little girl I was just busting with pride.  I don't know if it's the mother/daughter thing, but I knew she was this special little hunny ball and I felt a different connection with her.  A kinship of being female maybe...even when she was so small and little.  She was very opposite of her brother...the pregnancy was easy and I felt great.  I had a bit of morning sickness, but really I felt pretty good for the most part!  After we had her all I could do is cuddle and kiss her chubby cheeks.  I was a more relaxed momma the second time around and not too much got me riled with her.  Well when I said she was opposite of Lukas it was even evident as a little baby she was so different.  She hated sititng in a wet diaper, needed to be fed like asap or like 10 minutes ago and freak out mode was on the way (she is still this way), and sleeping was something that was like a novelty (thank goodness this is ok right now!).  She had sensitive skin so I couldn't use the same baby stuff on her skin, but I could use baby shampoo.  So I smelt her head alot...yeah I am strange like that.  I loved kissing her feet and fingers...oh and I already mentioned I loved her chubby cheeks...and still do!

 
She is only 21 months old right now...so coming up on the big 2!  She has a fiery temper all ready.  She loves and embraces almost everything she tries.  She wears her emotions on her sleeve, and she is quick to fall apart if you reprimand her.  She sings, dances, and loves "pretties" in her hair.  Dora is her favorite cartoon, and she loves to laugh and giggle and copy/chase her big brother all over!  She is a mini diva and I love her so much  When she hugs you and really gives you a big squeeze and you know that you have been hugged.  She reminds me of my Grandma when she hugged ...like she is hugging you with all she has.  Those sparkly blue eyes are always up for learning something new, and smiling at you with all her heart!  I know what's to come...preschool, friends, and fun...oh and lots more learning...but I feel that it will be different with her.  She isn't shy and jumps right into the thick of things no matter the danger (sometimes this is a little scary), unlike her brother who measures things up and observes before acting on something most of the time.  She will be a new adventure when it comes to taking those next steps her brother has taken!  Megan...I love you sweetheart...you are and will always be my little hunny ball because you are so sweet and lovable!  Oh and she smells like jellybeans lol!  Not sure how though! 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment