My sweet little boy who just not so long ago was in my arms and making me a mother for the first time is already getting ready for Kindergarten. I cannot believe how fast those 5 years went. He has made me feel the best I have felt in my whole life and also sometimes the worst when I don't feel I am being a very good Mom. He makes me feel like I am the best when he tells me he loves me, learns something new, or gives me a sweet kiss walking by me. He's his own fabulous and wonderful little person...I just love him so much! He also makes me feel bad at times when we clash and argue. I yell too much and I feel like my patience is lost sometimes too quickly, but I think most Moms will tell you they have similar feelings about that when it comes to patience and that stuff.
When he was first born I was a little overwhelmed how much this brand new little person depended and needed me. I quickly learned that keeping him fed, changed, and his sleep was the key to his happiness and my sanity.
When he turned 1 and made it to his first set of teeth...and the many heart attacks I had of him learning how to walk, run and climb. Man...those were some great and super scary times!
It's funny how I thought how difficult he was at 2 years old. He didn't want help with things, he was impatient, and he really got mad when things didn't go his way...
Well that was nothing compared to him being 3 years old! Everything mentioned above was enhanced by like 10. Some big things happened after he turned 3. He became a big brother, he potty trained, and he got a bike!
Living with a Preschooler can be fun and definitely an insanity trip! When Lukas turned 4 he got to start Preschool...which he just loves! He learned to write his name, get into things he shouldn't by catching onto things that used to be hard, and teach his baby sister many things I wish she didn't know!
Over this last year my husband and I will just freeze when he says things that "sound grown up" and shake our heads and wonder where the time went. All year he has been wishing things like "Mom I wish I was 5! or I wish it was my birthday"...well he is finally almost there and now he is changing it and saying "Mom I wish I was 7." Man little boy slow down!!
I love you Lukas...more than words can ever express! You are my heart outside by body walking around. You and your sister will always be my little beating hearts outside my body! As I take you to kindergarten registration tomorrow, just know that a little piece of me is scared to know you are old enough to go to real school very soon. And I am pretty sure I won't be able to keep the tears in this time...like when I took you to Preschool for the first time. This is it my little man...may you always trust your instincts, trust your Mom and Dad to help you with things and to talk to us, and know we will always be there for you. You will always be my baby boy that I held and rocked that summer of 2008 not matter how old you get...you will always be my baby boy.♥

No comments:
Post a Comment