Monday, April 23, 2012
Rest In Peace Baby Chloe
My niece had a baby last Monday. She was actually due in August. The baby was only 24 weeks. Poor sweet baby Chloe didn't make it. She was only alive for 4 1/2 days. She had bleeding in her brain and the complications that could/would have caused Chloe to never recover from would have caused her to suffer. It's incredibly sad, and my heat just aches for my niece and my sister in law. My niece rocked her to sleep after they took her off all the machines and took out all the tubes.
When reading stories on the internet it looked like with her brain bleeds she could have still made it. However, the stories on the internet are the exception. Of course the people that had their babies live will post. I didn't find many people that said their babies didn't make it. It's too painful of a story to post the bad and scary stuff. When I had lunch with my cousin who is going to school exactly for this. She told me that Chloe's chances were not in her favor. I still felt like a miracle could have happened at that point though, but real life happened and boom. She's gone.
It's an odd thing to 2 weeks ago attend my Grandma's funeral who was 90 years old and now Chloe who only was with us for only 4 1/2 days . Although I was sad that my Grandma passed away, I understood that is the circle of life. My Grandma had very long fulfilling life and she was the classic example OF love! She was looking forward to heaven. Now this week I will be attending Chloe's funeral. She never got a shot at life at all. The only thing she really experienced WAS love. She had so much love while she was here. She didn't get to stay with us long, and I still don't understand in the grand scheme of things why she didn't make it. Sometimes my eyes still see as if they are a child's. I keep hope and optimism when there isn't much. It will be hard to feel hope and optimism in the future when something so wrong can happen.
Pray for my niece and her mother. It will take time for them to recover from this loss, but hopefully God will bless them again someday way down the road with a perfect little peanut that will stay with us longer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment