Friday, October 26, 2012
KaaaRAZY!
OK...last weekend I cooked and baked with my kiddos. Which is usually a pretty fun experience. I would lie if I told you it's always easy, clean, and a stress free thing to do. When I say stress I don't mean the "omg_I_am_freaking_out" kind of stress, I mean the "oh_no_I_hope_he/she_is_careful" and doesn't hurt themselves or make a mess kind of stress. Well Saturday didn't go as well as I hoped it would...
Last Saturday started out wonderful. Both of my kids slept great, and I got a whole night of sleep! What can beat that feeling? So I woke up feeling refreshed, happy, and ready to have a nice morning/day with my family. My husband and I planned a family night of homemade pizza and Dance Dance for the Wii so our Saturday evening would be fun! Well this is how my happy, refreshed, and ready to go self turned into a defeated, frustrated, and uncontrollable laughing self:
It all started with pancakes. Lukas wanted pancakes and he wanted to help. We got started on making the buttermilk and getting all the dry ingredients ready. Lukas started stirring the dry ingredients. I told him "be careful we don't want to spill." Well not even 2 seconds later we have 1 cup of flour and all the dry ingredients all over. I exhaled and looked at him "sorry Momma" was all he said. I cleaned it up and got all the ingredients back out. While doing that I melted butter in the microwave. Lukas asked if he could get the butter. I said "yes, but be careful it's gonna be hot." He said "OK, I will" and not even half a minute later he accidentally dropped it out of his hand and it hit the chair and like a wave splashed me up and down my leg and foot! "OOOOuuuuchhhhh!" I yelled. Hot butter is dang hot...and it hurt! He tensed up and looked at me "sorry Momma!" I let out another long exhale and quickly cleaned things up. Megan walked over and slipped and fell. It wasn't funny, but it did make me giggle a little. Butter is slippery. I told Lukas I didn't need his help anymore and he could go watch cartoons and I would make the pancakes. He got mad and left. After I got everything all cleaned up I asked him if he wanted to come back and help. He said "no, I don't wanna!" I had mad him mad. Oh well...what do you do not every mother can keep her cool when getting splashed with hot butter. In the process of looking for more butter (we were out), Lukas decided he wanted lemonade. He got out the lemonade and we got him some. He also put the pitcher way all by himself too. I continued to finish the pancakes. The last thing I needed was an egg. I went over to the fridge picked up the egg carton and grabbed an egg. While putting it away I turned around and Megan was next to me. I swiveled to move around her and I dropped the egg. I didn't just drop it...I dropped it right on her head. Right smack dab on the middle of her head! For a second I thought she was going to cry, but I knelt down and cleaned her up and apologized. I don't think she knew what exactly happened, but she seemed OK. After I got her all cleaned up I went to grab a new egg. As I was putting the egg carton away I noticed a puddle on the refrigerator shelf...it was a puddle of pickle juice! Lukas had tipped over a pickle jar when he put away the lemonade. I hollered into Lukas and asked him about the pickles he said "sorry Momma." I looked up at the sky...talking to the greater powers to be and said "OK, I give up!" I started laughing. Saturday morning was not my morning! There aren't a whole lot of Mommas who can stay sane while having hot butter splashed all over them!
Saturday morning was a disaster, but Sunday was wonderful. We made mini cinnamon rolls from a recipe I saw on Pinterest. It worked out beautifully and Lukas helped the whole time!
Both kids loved them and they were very easy to make! Easy, happy, and relaxing Sunday! (less sleep though...go figure.)♥
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment