Monday, October 22, 2012
Poppy Seed Budnt Cake aka Bug Cake
Back when I was in high school my friend Tessa always made this bundt poppy seed cake. I wasn't big on baking back then, so when she told me this cake was "budnt cake" I thought she said "bug cake". The bug part made sense to me because of the poppy seeds. So this has always been a little joke between us and now since then have always called it bug cake. I think after she moved back from college and we started hanging out all the time she started making me "bug cake" for my birthday. Every. Single. Birthday. I have found it on my doorstep some years, in my kitchen, she's sent it home with me (like above), and she has even wrapped it up in a box and given it to me as a present. She gets very creative. It may not be on the day of my birthday, but it's usually the next time we see each other that she will give me the cake.
Well this year I ran out to her house to borrow a dress for a wedding. (I never buy myself 'going out to things clothes', so she borrows me stuff from her closet and we call it the "Tessa Store".) So I ran out to the Tessa store to borrow a dress. Megan was sleeping, but Lukas came with me. Boy did he have a ball! I should have taken pictures, but I think his father would have given me the death stare! Lukas was trying on scarves and high heels, and walking around pretending to strike a pose. Hahahaha!!! After I got done picking out a dress, I got ready to leave and Tessa was like hey can you wait 6 minutes? She said she had my "bug cake" in the oven. Of course I can I told her! Well fast forward 15 minutes and Lukas and I are on the way home. I decided I couldn't take the smell of it in the car. So I dug in and took some. Lukas from the backseat was like "I wanna try it Mommy!" I gave him some and his face lit up! He was like 'can I have more Mom' and the above picture is the product of Lukas and I digging into it on the way home. We didn't show any self restraint, and I can honestly say I enjoyed every minute of it! When we got home I sliced a piece for Megan (who loved it!) and my Mom too! She love it too! You can't go wrong with Tessa's baked goods!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment