Friday, October 19, 2012

Pooh Corner- Kenny Loggins


I love this song.  I heard it the other day driving and I was singing it with the kiddos in the car.  We were on our way home from church and I didn't realize they were both just staring at me while I sang it.  After the song I turned around to look at them since they were being so quiet and they both just lit up and smiled!  Lukas said "Mom how do you know that song?"  I have always liked the song.  The first time I heard it was at my friend Tessa's house when I was in middle school (she listened to the radio while she slept and it drove me nuts when I slept over) and I would just sit there and listen to it when it came on...not kidding even in the middle of the night.  Now I hear it from time to time and I always thing it's such a good "kid song". 

I have not watched Winne the Pooh in a long time, only because when my brother was little we watched it over and over...and over!  Seriously he was obsessed with Winne the Pooh.  He's a good little character to be obsessed over though.  Pooh is nice and always friendly.

Some of my favorite Winne the Pooh quotes:

“We'll be Friends Forever, won't we, Pooh?' asked Piglet.
Even longer,' Pooh answered.”  (I gave my best friend Jessie a little plaque that says this!)

“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”  (Sad, but true)

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”   (This quote always makes me think of my Mom.)

“Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.”   (Sooooo...true babies come to mind.)

“How do you spell 'love'?" - Piglet
"You don't spell it...you feel it." - Pooh”  (Love this!)

“If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart. I'll stay there forever.” 
(I remember this one when I think of my step father, my grandmother and grandfather, and all the ones that have gone and I miss.)

No comments:

Post a Comment