Saturday, December 1, 2012

Great Grandma HBD



Today would have been my Grandma's birthday.  Great Grandma to Lukas and Megan.  Lukas still talks about Great Grandma...and I think about her daily.  It's hard not to.  I live in the house that used to be hers and my Grandpa's and so many things in that house remind me of her.  Just driving by her apartment building tugs at my heart.  Megan's twinkle blue eyes that are just like Great Grandma's (well and her daddy's too), but it makes me think of her.  The memories...and sometimes it all floods into my mind and I want to cry.  I miss being a little girl sitting with my Grandma watching Scooby Doo, playing ponies with her, listening to her stories of fantasy and make believe, sleeping over at her house with her silky sheets, and just getting that smell of her in my nose (she smelled like roses, and cookies to me).  These memories are etched into my mind forever.  I miss her and love her so much still.  I will be sitting there and Lukas will tell me "Mommy I love you" or Megan will come give me a big hug.  Just like that I smile and feel some relief and the funk is gone.  My head clears a little and life moves on.  You do the best you can do and be the best person you can.  She loved me and believed in me so much...I wanted to make her proud in the things I did/do.  I hope she is proud of the way I am bringing up my children and proud of my family.  I know one day I will see her again and when I do she will be waiting with those strong arms and solid embrace that always surprised me when she gave her hugs!   

Happy Birthday in Heaven Grandma...I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment