Today while I was working someone came into my office and asked me if I had heard the news. I looked at him confused and said "about what?" My mind was thinking it was news about our company, profit sharing, or someone here at work. Then he said "about the school shooting." I told him that I had not heard anything. I had been in and out of my office all morning in meetings or stuck on the phone on hold. When he told me it was a school shooting and it was at an elementary school I felt like I was going to be sick. I couldn't put it together in my mind. Why on earth would someone hurt children? These sweet innocent children that are/were thirsting for knowledge and going school to learn. Only for someone senseless to take their innocence and life in an instant.
The shooting I am talking about is the Connecticut school shooting Friday December 14th. I do not know the details right now. It sounds as if one of the teacher's own child did the shooting and he shot his mother too. As I am writing this there are 27 confirmed dead. Teachers and children. However, it could be more.
How can something so evil happen like this? It makes me want to run home and hug by babies. Love them and just cherish them. What a horrible thing these families have to go through especially with Christmas so close. Not that Christmas being close makes it worse, it's just those parents have probably taken those children to Santa, prepping for Christmas with gifts, or have been getting ready to listen to them at their Christmas concerts. Christmas is a great holiday and I have always loved it, but it really shines when you have your own children to share it with.
My heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to those families who have lost an angel today. Hug your loved ones and tell them how much they mean to you. You never know when they will be taken away.
No comments:
Post a Comment