Friday, November 18, 2011

Just Because I Love You Cake



My Lukas is a total chocolate lover!  He will look at chocolate and say in a funny low voice "chocolate" while rubbing his hands together or he will remind me (as if I didn't know) "Mommy I like chocolate."  I look at him and shake my head in a understanding that 'yes I know you like chocolate.'  So when I came across this recipe on Picky Palate I had to make it for him!

Lukas was so excited that I made a little cake...all for him!  I told Lukas this was his "Just Because I Love You Cake."  (I made one for my husband too...but he didn't seem as impressed!)  Lukas would see the cakes on the oven and tell me "look Mommy, that one is Daddy's and that one is mine!"  He did enjoy it too...however it was a little big.  I helped him eat some of it!  It was good, but now I want to make different versions of that little cake.  That would be a fun little surprise to make Lukas from time to time.  Next time I might try to make a strawberry, white chocolate, or maybe even a carrot cake...oh the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment