Well I do believe she is in teething mode. She has been a total drool monster the last two weeks. She gages herself accidentally trying to chew on her fingers, drools and spits up everywhere, and has hit some fussy times. (She isn't a fussy baby either.)
This is her finger as of last night...I should say both fingers on either hand look like this.
Last night while trying to feed her she wouldn't take those cotton stinking fingers out of her mouth! How is one supposed to put a spoon into a mouth and feed a baby that won't take her hands away from her mouth for 2 seconds? I'll tell you how you do...you take the hand away with your extra hand and then spoon in the food with the other hand. All the while your baby gets mad, because she clearly wants to chew on her hand! Then your 3 year old asks..."what's wrong Mommy, why is Megan mad?" over and over. He means well...*sigh*, it was a very frustrating feeding.
I am not used to this teething gig this young. Lukas never drooled (never ever...I didn't know how lucky I was), he never chewed on his fingers (he had a pacifier until he was 6 months old, but even after that he still didn't chew on his fingers until he was close to a year old), and it's safe to say he never caused his fingers to bulge and become red from chewing on them. However, he didn't cut a tooth until he was 11 months old either. It literally took forever for him to cut a tooth. With Megan teething so early I wonder if that means we might get teeth earlier for her? I guess time will tell.


No comments:
Post a Comment