Saturday, March 24, 2012
Walker = Nice Idea
I remember when Lukas was little his doctor gave me a unapproved look when I told her that Lukas used a walker. She said "walkers are never a good idea, it could greatly increase the possibility of injury." Which I can understand her point on, but we live in a one level house and if you still watch your child while they are in the walker then I don't believe there should be a problem. Sure kids can get hurt no matter what and Megan has her share of boo boos coming, but that is just her age. She's at that age where she is learning to "toddle" around, because before long she will be a toddler and all hopes of keeping her safe...all the time...won't happen. Kids get into things and get hurt. I hate it and I didn't like it when Lukas would get hurt, but there isn't much you can do it's the "hard knocks of life" and you have to learn.
That being said...the walker is a great idea for us. Especially right now. We can be outside and she can hang out and move around while we are all out there. We don't have to hold her or sit by her the whole time. As long as we keep a watchful eye out just in case she decides to eat something she shouldn't or try to touch something she shouldn't then we can stop her and no injury will happen. Can't say what it will be like in 3 or 4 months. I am sure we won't use the walker much once she is getting around on her own, but for not I must say. This walker has been a life saver!
Labels:
Megan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment