Monday, September 19, 2011

Labor Day Fun

After Lukas turned 1 we started a tradition that every Labor Day we go on a picnic. For the past 2 years we went to a local lake in our town had a picnic lunch and then Lukas got to play on the playground. This year we went to a neighboring town and took Lukas fishing too. He got to play on the playground and fish that day! However, instead of the picnic lunch this year we took Lukas to Wendy's for chicken nuggets. He adores chicken nuggets, but I don't give him chicken nuggets often. So when he gets them he scarfes them down! He even tried swinging, which for him is rare. He doesn't care for swings or I should say he didn't care for swings, but he is just now starting to like them.

This was also our first Labor Day picnic as a complete family!  While the boys were fishing I found a nice shady spot and put a blanket down.  I fed Megan and then she got to take a short nap on the blanket.  When we went to the park she got to snooze in her stroller.

Next Labor Day will be fun!  Megan will be just walking and she will get to play on the playground too!  Hopefully she likes swings early on!

No comments:

Post a Comment