Friday, September 30, 2011

Mommy Guilt...I am a good Mom though...I promise!

These days I feel alot of Mommy guilt.  If it isn't because of not getting to spend some good quality time with my kids making me feel bad, it's accidentally hurting them making me feel guilty.  Since starting back to work I have noticed Megan is content with more people than just me.  Here I thought she was a Mommy's girl.  I think she is just a content little girl as it is.  She only fusses when she is tired or hungry.  I also notice she smiles for everyone.  She smiles alot easier for people than Lukas used to.  Lukas was a Mommy's boy and in some ways he still is, but he is more all about Daddy lately.  Probably because he wants to be like Daddy and I am busy with Megan sometimes when he wants something.  Well, anyway when I pick the kids up from daycare I get a frowny Megan.  I say "hello Babers!"  She takes one big look at me and then she gives me a frown and cries.  It makes me feel bad, but I think she does it because she knows that means she is going in her carseat (which she doesn't care for at all) or I am hoping that's why. 
Well if that isn't bad enough...there are the times when I accidentally hurt Lukas or Megan and I feel absolutely awful when I do.  One night we had to run into the emergency room because I forgot to buckle Megan in her carseat and she tumbled down the steps when we were going out the door.  (our basement steps)  Thank goodness she only got some scratches (babies are way more durable than you think they are), but I felt compeletly horrible!  My sweet baby girl didn't need that!  I had got busy with Lukas going potty after I placed her in her carseat and forgot to buckle her once I was done with him.  Needless to say I double check every since time I go to even pick her up when she is in her carseat!  Then there is Lukas.  He was asking me a question after work one day while I was getting Megan out the car and I slammed his fingers in the car door.  Thank goodness he has small fingers!  He was screaming that it hurt, and I knew it hurt...but I think it would have hurt alot more had his fingers been bigger.  I scooped him up, applogized, and kissed his fingers!  I felt awful.  Then this last Tuesday when picking up the kids I was talking to our daycare lady while leaving her house and I hit Lukas accientally with Megan's carseat!  My poor little guy...he can't catch a break.  I gave him a big hug and kiss and appologized.  I know all of these are accidnents, but it makes my Mommy guilt kick in and I feel bad.  While driving home Lukas asked if he could put cold on his head.  I can tease myself about it now and joke a little bit with it, but it's all part of being a Mom.  No Mom is perfect and that is me not perfect, but I do love my children!  Goodness gracious...pray for my children!

No comments:

Post a Comment