Yep...it's my birthday today. I am now 32 years old. It's funny how I used to think 30 was so old when I was younger, but then when you get to that age it doesn't feel old. I know that 32 is still young, I am just not as young as I used to be. Aren't we all lol!
This last week I went to the doctor to have some skin tags removed. The first time I had this done I was 22 years old. They drove me crazy when they would get caught on my necklaces and sweaters. Not to mention they hurt when they get caught. They got worse the last couple years from being pregnant twice. Also they grew at exceptional rates then I was hopped up on all those pregnancy hormones! Well when I was in the doctors office they told me I have a really nice new doctor coming in to remove them. I was like "sure, fine...whatever" (I just wanted them gone and didn't care who did it.) In walks the doctor. He was a young doctor. I think this is the first time in my life when the doctor was my age! He started talking about the skin tags, and looked at my file. He then started talking about babies. His wife and him have three kids ages 5, 2, and 8 months. Then he says to me "your turning the big 32 huh?" I laughed and said "yep, I feel like I am 18 in my head though." He smiled and said he had just turned 32 the month before. So then we started talking about school and graduating in '98 and all that stuff. We had alot in common, but what do you expect. We were the same age and had the same age range for children. Every doctor I have ever had or have ever taken my kids to has always been older. I told my husband about this and he said "32 is young" and then he added (smiling at me) "so is 35" (which is his age.) I guess that's what happens when you keep getting a year older every year, huh? The people on TV like stars, athletes, and news anchors seem so young...and then you go to the doctor and they are your age! It's just funny how that works. Like I told the doctor I feel 18 in my head. I wonder if I will always feel like I am 18 in my head?
On one of my favorite blogs Pioneer Woman Cooks she asked a question "What age would you be and why?" You answered in the comments section to try to win some pretty cool cookware stuff. Well I posted "I would be 25 again. That is the year I started my first "real" job, got married, and bought a house. It was a fun year and lots of change!" Well after thinking about it I did like being 25 and it was a good year, but after thinking a little more about it I think I have two other years that I enjoyed alot. I really loved the year Lukas was born. It was when the recession hit so that part wasn't great, but becoming a mommy was one of the best things I have ever done. Then this year was pretty great too. We didn't get to do lots of fun things since I was ginormous, but we completed our family and we got our Miss Megan. So maybe I am one of those people that can find something great about every year. I know there are alot of times that things get tough and we have our sad stuff, but in the course of a whole year I must say each year has some shiny, great spots! Bring on 32!
No comments:
Post a Comment