Thursday, October 13, 2011

Miss Meggers

It's a funny thing...how babies do things at different times.  We all develop at different rates.  Boys and Girls I suppose are different anyway.  Megan is 3 months old.  When Lukas was 3 months old he was holding his head up and sitting alot better than she does.  She isn't as strong as her brother at that age.  When Lukas was 3 months old we started putting him in his exersaucer and highchair.  Well Megan is close, but she just doesn't have the same strength that Lukas had.  At this same age Lukas was starting solids, sitting in a highchair (with blankets for support), could sit in exersaucer, and if you put him on his belly he would roll onto his back.  He was also much more wiggly.  Well Megan is close to starting solids I don't think we will have a problem holding her off till she is close to 4 months old if not wait till she is 4 months old to start solids.  She cannot sit in a highchair, exersaucer or anywhere right now except her bouncy seat, swing, or the floor.  If I put her on her tummy she cannot roll anywhere.  She sometimes looks like she is flying with all her limbs off the floor and balancing on her belly, but then she smashes her face into her blanket because she gets tired really fast.

Well I have told you what she doesn't do, but here is what she can do.  She is more vocal that Lukas was.  She will gladly "talk" away and make noises.  That might come from me...because anyone that knows me...knows I love to talk.  She smiles easier than Lukas did.  Lukas was a tough little boy to get to smile unless he knew you or felt comfortable with you...otherwise he wasn't going to smile (come to think of it...he is still that way sometimes).  She is one of the happiest babies I have ever seen.  Smiles for everyone and she won't fuss when someone new is holding her.  Who knows if she will get picky about this as she gets older, I guess we will see.  Megan is a very relaxed laid back little girl.  She will happily sit there while stuff is going on around her and just observe.  Lastly...she scares easily!  I mean way too easy.  If someone scares the bajesus out of her she will scream like she is on fire.  No lie!  Lukas didn't scare easily, in fact I think he ignored stuff that bothered him. 
It's funny how different they are.  It will be really cool to see her personality as she gets older...maybe she will be a mini Jessie? ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment