Saturday, October 15, 2011

ChefboyarLukas

Last Saturday morning this is what my son Lukas looked like while we were getting ready to make carrot cake.  My Mom said my Grandma was going to buy my Aunt and Uncle a cake for their anniversary, but I told my Mom that I could make a cake instead.  Well my Grandma wanted to order a carrot cake.  So Saturday morning Lukas and I got going on a carrot cake.  It didn't turn out very moist though...which is weird, because the last carrot cake I made was really moist.  It's hard to say what happened since it was a different recipe.  Well anyway, Lukas loved helping me make the cake only because he does alot of tasting along the way.  His favorite part of helping me cook or bake is getting to eat or taste whatever we are making.  Lately he has gotten a little bossy though.  He will whine and cry at me because he wants to do it "all by myself"!  A 3 year old wanting to make carrot cake all by himself?  Can you imagine the kid of mess that would have made!?  I will have to find some more kid friendly recipes that won't make a complete mess and are more simple.  That way he can make some food and feel like he is doing it "all by myself"!  I hope he always like to help me cook and bake.  It would be fun if Megan liked it as she got older too!  We could be a regular little team in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment