Wednesday, December 21, 2011

5 Nights in a Row



I am a one proud Mommy!  Lukas has been potty trained for a couple months now.  He just wanted to do it all on his own.  That is the hardest part about potty training, because you have to be patient and remember just because your friend's little boy/girl is potty trained and is a year younger than your child doesn't mean your child is ready.  All children are different and their own individual personality.  6 months ago Lukas had just turned 3 and I tried pushing it, but gave up and let him lead me.  It really did pay off.  He just started going potty one day and never looked back.  Night time has been touch and go.  If we really pay attention and limit his intake before betime he will stay dry.  So for my post title "5 Nights in a Row" well Lukas has stayed dry 5 nights in a row!  Good job buddy!

However, Sunday night he peed in his pull up, but I feel like that was a little my fault too.  I let him have way too much water before bed last night.  He has Megan's cold and a little bit of a soar throat.  He was thirsty and wanted water because of his soar throat.  How can you limit his intake at a time like that.  You...can't.  It was a good stretch though!  He begs to wear underwear at bedtime, but I want to make sure he is ready for it.

Keep it up Lukas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment