This is our clan...minus one, she couldn't make it for Grandma's birthday party at Pizza Ranch.
Every year I sit with my Grandma and act as a secretary as she tells me what she wants her Christmas Letter to say. We get everything down and then decide how many she needs and I write it up.
These are the pictures I used in her letter this year. Last Friday night we went over to Grandma's stuffed the letters in Christmas cards, addressed them, and sent them on their way. She sat and visited with us, she held Megan, and visited with Lukas. It's a night I know I will never forget now.
Well since then the
Melanoma she was diagnosed with has taken over. She cannot talk to us like she did. Monday my brother called my Mom to tell her Grandma was slurring her speach and she wasn't acting like herself. My Mom took her into urgent care and they determined that she has two tumors in her brain. One large one and a small one. They hospitalized her and now here I sit writting this. I guess we knew someday the cancer would win, but we didn't know when. I am so lucky she got to stay around and be here so she could meet both my children! Megan and Lukas are special to her and we all love her so much. I am really happy I chose to use my Grandma's name in Megan's. My Grandma's name is Rosella and I used her name as Megan's middle name. Megan Rose. Well everyone calls my Grandma Rose, so I used her nickname name I guess.
I must cherrish the short time we have left. I know my Grandpa is with her and she is ready to go home, but I am not ready for her to leave. It's hard for me to say good bye. She is so special to me! I think I need to remember like Pastor Dale said "we need to remember Rose will be going home." I guess that is true. It doesn't make it any easier, but it is true.
Great Grandma...holding my sweet, precious babies. Lukas above, and Megan below with their Great Grandma!♥
No comments:
Post a Comment