Friday, February 10, 2012
Lukas's Logic
Seems like a 3 year old has the funniest logic. He comes up with some of the darnest things to say. I understand that phrase "kids say the darnest things" all too well these days! I have 2 examples of some of his logic.
1st off his toys are afraid of the dark. We had a conversation about this the last time he took a bath. We cleaned off all his toys and left them in the bathroom on a towel to completely dry. I then turned off the light. He said "Momma don't turn off the bathroom light! My cars are going to be scared all by themselves in there!" I assured him cars aren't afraid of the dark. They are only a toy. His cars can be in the dark and they won't be scared. I promised him they won't be scared. Well after we got him all dressed he started playing with his cars again I over heard him apologizing that I turned the lights off on them. He had Lightening McQueen and Mater talking to each other about the lights going out. I had to smile. Such a great imagination!
2nd thing he needs to make sure I know when something is only for big boys or boys even when it's for anyone. He will be doing something...like...let's say he is playing with a activity pad. He will tell me "this is only for big boys, right Mommy?" I will tell him "no anybody can do a activity pad Lukas." Then he corrects me and says "no they can't, not babies." So I agree, "yes you are right babies cannot do activity pads." Then he smiles and is satisfied that I agreed. Or...he will go out of his way to tell me a toy commercial on TV are for boys. We were watching TV the other night and a commercial for Polly Pocket came on. He looked at me and said "that is for boys too, right Mom?" I said "anyone that wants to play with them is who they are for." I don't think I would ever buy him Polly Pockets, but if he is playing with them at daycare or at a friends house...what's the harm.
Labels:
Lukas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment