Friday, January 6, 2012

Holding Her Own


My little Megan monster is starting to try to do things on her own already!  She will be 6 months old this weekend, but I am still shocked how she tries to take control of her bottle or gets angry when you don't do something she wants right away.  She definitely knows what she wants and when she wants it! 

She was fussy before I took this picture, and her brother who was really cranky when he woke up from his nap.  I had to get some things for Lukas so I propped Megan on a pillow and she drank her bottle until I came back and took over.


Lukas never held his bottle when he was little.  He would get so relaxed while he ate his whole body would go limp.  Megan is very opposite of that.  She doesn't focus on eating when she is hungry.  She will play with her hands, try to grab the bottle, try to grab your face, or anything on your shirt.  Anyway I think you get my point she is very easily distracted.  Very, very opposite of Lukas.  Spoon feeding her is the same.  She can be tough to feed, because she has to know whats going on the whole time.  This always leaves me teasing her and singing at her "eat silly girl!"  Then Lukas is like a parrot and repeats what I say.  Then she turns her head to look and smile at Lukas.  Which leaves me whistling and trying to get her attention to eat or shove the spoon in her mouth sideways since she is turned away from me.  It's a vicious cycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment