Friday, January 13, 2012

Little Ways to Show "I Love You"



Awhile back I bought this really neat ice cube tray at Ikea when I was in Chicago.  It was actually right before I got pregnant with Lukas.  My original thought was 'I can put pretty ice cubes in my drinks I make when my husband and I grill out.'  Well these heart ice cubes are now one of Lukas's favorite.  When he asks for lemonade or water he will also ask for the heart ice cubes.  I use them from time to time, but the fact they are shaped as something different is what makes Lukas love them so much. 

I also posted back in February of 2010 some heart shaped toast I made Lukas for Valentines.




My Mom used to make me and my brothers heart shaped toast.  It was a special touch that made breakfast that much more special.  She always went out of her way to do special things for us or add special touches to things.  I do this for Lukas still every once in awhile.  I will cut his toast into hearts, make mickey mouse pancakes, use the special ice cubes, let him have silly morning where he gets to pick whatever he wants for breakfast even if it's fruit snacks, and make his food into other fun shapes.   I hope one day he looks back and remembers these kind of special things and knows that he and his sister are very special to me!  Love my sweet monkeys!      

     

No comments:

Post a Comment